Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2016

Book Feature with Steve Evans

Dear Readers, Writers, and Precious Patrons,

Today on All Authors blog we're featuring author Steve Evans and his book Reflections of Life and Love.

Blurb:

REFLECTIONS OF LIFE AND LOVE BY: STEVE EVANS
   
My poems cover everyday issues that we all deal with. I write of pain and loss, of yearning and needing, and of heartbreak and confusion.

When I write, I want the reader to be able to lose themselves in the story. I want them to see themselves in each word and to be able to relate. 

I tend to go a little more to the darker side of life and love simply because I find it more interesting and easier to hold my attention and hopefully the reader's as well. 


Excerpt:

REFLECTIONS OF LIFE AND LOVE
          ~ SOMETIMES I FEEL ~
Sometimes it's hard to keep trying
When the pain makes me feel so weak
There's times I can't hide my crying
When I can't turn the other cheek
People mean well and give advice
I see them as they look at me
My pride silenced, hidden by lies
I'm masked with a smile...tearfully
Sometimes I can't handle the pain
When it's hard to even get up
There's times that laughter hides my shame
When I'd prefer to just give up
Some want to help, to understand
But they don't know the pain I feel
They can't begin to understand
And I hope they never will



Author Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment