Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year's Resolutions

**2015 is coming to an end and 2016 is on the horizon. With each New Year, comes a time for new beginnings. Here at All Authors, we thought it’d be fun to share our resolutions for 2016. **


Carol Cassada
All Authors Executive Assistant 


There’s a lot I want to accomplish in 2016, some of which is too long to list so I shortened my list to my main goals for the New Year.

Organization
I’m the first to admit I’m a messy person, anybody who’s stepped foot inside my house knows what I mean. This year I’m planning to get everything in my home organized and give away stuff I don’t need anymore.

Books
This year I wasn’t as productive as I would’ve liked it. Towards the last of the year, I became burnt out and needed a break from writing. It did some good because the creative juices are flowing again. For the New Year, I want to crank out new books and finish the projects I tucked away on my shelves.

Positivity
It seems like I always get sucked into other people's drama. When it happens I get stressed out and the energy is drained from me. This year I'm removing all negativity from life and concentrating on the positive aspects.
 


Monica Brown
(AKA Queen of Spades)
All Authors Vice President


Hello everyone. I don’t normally do New Year’s Resolutions. However, there are some things which I would like to come into fruition (or at least get on the path) for 2016. Today, I will dare to share with you.

#Business
I want All Authors to continue growing and being innovative in its design and content, in all areas of the organization.

#Mentor
I will continue to aid my clients via both conventional and unconventional ways so they can deliver material that matches each one’s individual style.

#Author
For 2016, I would like to resume work on my WIP and continue to promote my works already on the market in the best way possible.

#Friendship
For those who have proven their worth through words and actions, my door will remain open.

For the people who I’ve outgrown, who have outgrown me and/or those where I’ve discovered inequality in thought and action, there will be a security system in place that has a new password. Will those people get that password? Guess the next year will tell the tale. If those people never do, um … “it’s not you; it’s me” … or some such.

#Love
I aim to rediscover what it is like to fall in love; to fall in love with myself.

When a person is in a relationship, it is so easy to know who you are as part of a unit but don’t know much about you outside of the union.

Through my life, I have served others while being of great disservice to myself. Bit by bit, I want to change my personal narrative—to start off a sentence with “I enjoyed” rather than “I provided pleasure to (fill in the blank).” 



Yasmin Correa
(AKA Y. Correa)
All Authors President/Creator/Founder



I fear that my "resolution" statement will be drastically different than those of my counterparts. Here is why:

Some years ago I realized that every time I proposed a New Years Resolution for myself, it never came into fruition. Be that for one reason or another, I always seemed to fall short on whatever declaration I aimed for and then inevitably felt guilty by the turn of the next year because my initial goals hadn't been met. It was then that I realized that I had to change my way of thinking.

With that said, I'll try to elaborate a bit.

This may seem archaic, or even a bit shallow (I'm not sure), but I can never be accused of not trying to establish objectives for myself as I do that every single day. What I did learn about myself, however, was that I had to do it a bit differently than most because of my tendency to feel unaccomplished and culpable when I didn't achieve them.

So my change in mentality was as follows;

Set a "Big Picture Goal" and work every day, steadily, slowly but surely, to achieve that goal. Don't focus on the little things, but the big thing.
It was that mentality that helped me actualize everything that I have to date.

So, having said that, I will disclose my goals for 2016, knowing that if I do or do not accomplish them all, it'll be okay.
  1. I want to continue to work hard on the growth and prosperity of All Authors Publications & Promotions.
  2. I will continue to try to be a better version of me each and every waking day, knowing that I love who I am now and a better version of me would only make me love myself that much more.
  3. I will continue to work hard on my goals as an author; keep writing, promoting and doing what I love so much.
  4. I will continue to be the best mother, friend, companion, confidant and human that I can be. Yet knowing that I am not perfect and no one is meant to be.
Alright, that is it for me! Thank you all for reading and have a wonderful 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment