Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2014

The Truth Awaits...Guest Post by Queen of Spades



Stop on by and say hi!  If you're lucky, I'll have some Southern tea ready for your consumption.


Hello wonderful people!  Remember me?  Hmm...I did look a little bit different last time around, but just in case you are curious, take a peek here.  

I can also be found at some new spots as well, which I will provide at this time:



Queen of Spades on Twitter




For this particular trip, we're going travel back eight years ago.  I had assisted with editing and presenting the poetry anthology Soulful Branches: Simply Words.  Although the company I decided to use did a terrific job in putting everything together, I was a bit dismayed at how much the company charged for the anthology as a whole.  Due to the lack of control in pricing, I opted to go the route of self-publishing.  I decided to use Lulu and a few months after presenting Soulful Branches: Simply Words, I published my first collection of poetry, entitled Spaded Truths.



Not too long after this, I decided to take a hiatus from actively publishing my work.  However, in late 2012, I had the desire to publish again.  

The world has changed from 2005, and I had to change along with it.



After coming out with Reflections of Soul and The Eclectic Collection, I realized that although the content in Spaded Truths was powerful, the presentation (from the cover to the formatting of the contents) did not really do it justice.  It called for a revamp, so without further adieu, I present:


Spaded Truths: Themes and Proclamations



Blurb:  

This is not your average bowl of Alphabet Soup. Substitute the broth with Beliefs and the meatballs with tinges of Controversy.

Now, attempt to take a spoonful into your mouth.

Does it sting your bottom lip and the tip of your tongue? Does it feel too hot for you? Do you know this, yet want to have more?

Excellent!

Indulge in Spaded Truths: Themes and Proclamations-a delectable mix of creative uses of the letters A-Z with social and political viewpoints from the twisted mind of Queen of Spades. This dish is engineered to provoke multitudes of reactions to reach the ultimate pinnacle: mental stimulus and satisfaction.




Available at the following spots:

Paperback:  CreateSpace | Amazon

e-book:  Kindle | Nook | Kobo | Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment