Search This Blog

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Author Interview of Brenda Perlin

Description 

Home Wrecker is the first book in a three part series that follows the main character, Brooklyn throughout her childhood, adult life and then what seems like an “endless” journey towards redemption for her and her new love interest, Bo. 

Brooklyn and Bo, each unhappily married to someone else, have to decide whether to stay with their spouses or give up everything for each other. What would Brooklyn's husband and Bo's soon-to-be ex-wife do to break them up?




Author Interview of
Brenda Perlin

 


Author Bio

Brenda Perlin is an independent adult contemporary fiction author. Brenda evokes emotional responses in her readers by using a provocatively unique writing style. Her latest book, Home Wrecker, captures the soul-wrenching conflicts of a personal struggle for emotional fulfillment. 

Ever since Brenda was a child, she has been fascinated with writing. She draws her biggest inspiration from Judy Blume. This sparked a passion in Brenda to pursue personal expression through writing. Once she was old enough to go to coffee shops alone, Brenda recalls losing herself in the world of writing, all while documenting her ideas on paper napkins. 

“There is really no creative process, I just write,” – Brenda Perlin 

Brenda’s first book, Home Wrecker I (Home Wrecker Chronicles), was published with Master Koda Select Publishing. Within a short time, the book developed a strong fan base and is continuing to grow as it both entertains its readers and leaves them in a state of profound reflection. In the near future, Brenda would like to have Home Wrecker I expanded into a trilogy in order to tell the untold stories of her characters.


~~~~~~~~


Please, introduce yourself. 

Hello there! My name is Brenda Perlin and my first book Home Wrecker I (Home Wrecker Chronicles) which is the first book in a three part series has just been released. Lately my life has really revolved around my books. I used to be a personal trainer bossing people around and now I just let my characters do that for me. 

What brought you to writing? How did you start? 

I used to write just for fun. I liked to write about my life which I would chronicle on paper napkins that coffee shops supplied me with. For the longest time writing was just a hobby. Something I liked to share with my friends. I never imagined my writing would ever get published. I wasn’t that ambitious, I am embarrassed to admit. 

Do you write exclusively in a single genre? 

Home Wrecker is labeled fiction because names and places have been changed. It is pretty much a “tell all” book about real life characters. I tried NOT to leave out the most private of moments. 

Tell us about your book. 

Home Wrecker is really a coming of age story that turns into a divorce drama with many suspenseful real-life moments. There are many unexpected detours along the way. 

Tell us about your characters. 

The main character is named Brooklyn. she is really a product of who I am. Then there is Bo who my love interest, Gerard, my husband and Ruth, Bo’s wife. It gets a little prickly at times. 

Do you have any future books planned? 

So glad you asked that, yes I do. Home Wrecker is a trilogy and I have already written the two other books. Book two is Home Wrecker: The Brooklyn Chronicles which is a continuation of book one and the third is Home Wrecker: The Bo Chronicles which is actually my favorite. It a also a coming of age story but this time it is not my story but it is a good one and it continues where book two left off. 

Where can we purchase your book? 

Home Wrecker I (Home Wrecker Chronicles) is available on Amazon.com


Where do you see yourself, in regards to your writing career, in 5 years? 

Well I hope I am still writing books and selling books. That would be a great accomplishment! I really love what I am doing right now so I hope to continue this path that I am on. 

Who has/have been your biggest support(ers)? 

I would have to say my boyfriend. He has been very supportive of my work and he is very unselfish about how many hours a day I spend marketing the book and writing. He never ceases to amaze me! 

I also have author friends that have been so helpful and giving...just too name a few... 

Kim Mutch Emerson, Rebbekah White, Arlene R. O'Neil, Natalie Walker Idrogo, John Emil Augustine, Mark Barry, Mary Ann Bernal, Lisa Day, Paige Bleu, Melanie Toye, Jessica Kong, Sarah Buchynski, G Mitchell Baker, Marie Godley, K.R. Hughes, T.L. Burns, Tricia Drammeh, Alex Moore, Jacqueline Cross, Vickie Johnstone, Cathy Brockman, and Tammy Moore Novak. 

Tell us something we don't know about you. 

Well since I am pretty much an open book and my story is out there to be read by everyone, that is a difficult question to answer. 

I guess for one thing I am wildly crazy about dogs. After I got my first dog Alex from the Carson animal shelter in Los Angeles I have been hooked. Before then I never understood how much you could love an animal. Rescuing a dog is really the most rewarding thing a person can do. Somehow they know that you have saved them and they spend the rest of their lives showing you their appreciate by all the unconditional love the give you in return.

Excerpt

“I was physically attacked by a woman who didn’t even know me. Yes, my boyfriend was her former husband, but she tried to ruin me. While she was not my worst nemesis, I have had plenty of opposition from others. Yet she caused me plenty of grief during a time when I didn’t have the energy for anymore negativity. Throughout my life, I’ve had many disappointments, survived many losses and had more than my share of sorrow. I had my expectations crushed repeatedly, yet I was still optimistic and believed there were good things to come.”




No comments:

Post a Comment