Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Concordant Vibrancy 3: Synful Desire



Hello Readers, Writers, and Precious Patrons and thank you for visiting All Authors Blog. For the next two weeks, we will be meeting the participants of the third installment of the Concordant Vibrancy collection, entitled “Lustrate”.

 


Today, we present Synful Desire who will discuss why she decided to participate in Lustrate, along with a small excerpt from her work.



What inspired you to be a part of Lustrate?

First off, I thought the title was a bit sexy, just the way it rolls off the tongue. However, I did discover that Lustrate is a far cry from that sin (chuckling).
In terms of fluidity, water is not the only substance which is lucid. Sexuality is a composition of waves—not these straight lines many others are conditioned to believe. The worst thing one can do is rebel against one’s nature. All in all, it’s best to be yourself, even if the fallout is less than favorable. That is the main topic of my tale “The Satiationship”. 



Excerpt from “The Satiationship”

Should I have turned on some music? Lighted some candles? Perhaps. Lust was firing on all cylinders. I had to strike while the fire was an inferno.
          Her head disappeared under the covers. My lower anatomy throbbed in anticipation of the next act. I closed my eyes, lids heavy with passion.
          Seconds later, a whiff of cool wind disrupted the room’s warmth. However, my eyes did not open until the sound—a noise thick with pain and rage. Startled, the woman rolled off the bed, her limbs tangled in one of the sheets.
          He rushed over to the fallen body, freed it with one firm tug. Her skin was flushed with embarrassment, yet evidence of arousal remained.
          “You, get out!”       
          She crawled to the pile of clothes, having difficulty deciphering whose garbs were whose. Impatiently, he took off his overcoat and flung it at her. “Get out NOW.”
          She wrapped the overcoat around her, gathered her purse and shoes, then rushed out of the apartment. The force of the slammed door unhinged one of the wall pictures. Ironically, it was my favorite one of him and me. That was a happier time.
          Happiness was all but extinct in this scene. He had not said anything else but his stare spoke volumes—full of questions, the main ones being “Why?” and “How could you?”
          Finally, I broke the silence.
          “I can’t say I’m sorry. That wouldn’t be entirely truthful. But, you must know that I tried … I tried to do things your way-“
          “Apparently, you didn’t try hard enough.” He wrung his hands, a habit he often did when unmeasurably stressed. “I’m giving you until this weekend to make a decision. I pray you make the right choice.”
          He rushed out of the room. I took the robe from a nearby chair to cover myself. When I caught up with him, the bag he typically used for overnight travel was already filled.

**

Before I bid everyone farewell, pop quiz for you: What is the shortest little story by me that provides the biggest chuckle?

The answer is “Lester’s Release”, but don’t take my word for it.

For a limited time only, you can read “Lester’s Release” and ten other short stories for absolutely FREE in “Unity”, the first book in the Concordant Vibrancy collection.

Don’t hesitate … click before it’s too late.




  



For more of The Satiationship and other contributions in Concordant Vibrancy 3: Lustrate, rush and acquire on January 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment