Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Official Book Release Waves To Light



M.J. Holman and Queen of Spades return in this highly anticipated follow up to The Sea of Conscience called ...


When tackling a complex issue such as depression, it is important to see a light that will guide you to a place of functionality, contentment, and hope. However, each journey can transpire in different ways.


Travel with M.J. Holman as her discoveries are painted in “All Shades of Black”. Continue the ride with Queen of Spades while roving along her “Nuances of Color”.



Two unconventional trips, heading toward the Waves to Light.







All Authors Asked the Authors this:


"If there was 1 (one) important message you could deliver through the prose and poetry of Waves To Light, what would that be and why?"

Here are the Authors' answers ...

Queen of Spades:


The most important message is that one is not alone. Since there are so many images that paint mental illness negatively, it is important for others to know that a sufferer could have the look or what society considers a "normal" person. With my particular classification (clinical depression or major depressive disorder), one also has different levels of functionality. Some individuals are low functioning, meaning that at the lowest of their depression, it can impact one's day-to-day activities. It can impact job performance, even the ability to keep a job, along with being fully present in the lives of friends and others. However, there are also people who are medium to high functioning, even to the point where the closest of friends may not realize when they are in the midst of a depressive episode.

Speaking for myself, I am more towards the high functioning spectrum. When I am in a depressive state, I tend to internalize and isolate yet because I'm hypersensitive to external perception, I can give the illusion that I'm "just fine" or "okay". The danger with being on this end is when I finally remove the mask (aka playing the role for the public), the feelings associated with my depression are intense. It is not uncommon for my intensity to manifest via physical ailments, like migraines, loss of appetite, and muscle aches and spasms, particularly around my shoulder area and the small of my back, where my stress tends to reside.



MJ Holman:


I will echo Queen of Spades and say the message is one does not suffer alone. The condition may be relative and we may all experience different aspects of it, have different symptoms and causes, but at the nub, all things are equal.
It is important that the language of depression and hypomania can be shared. This is our way of communicating to each other the extent of the illness, the depth of feeling, and giving a voice to all those who cannot express themselves when faced with these conditions.

So, don't delay!

On Kindle or Paperback!


No comments:

Post a Comment