Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2015

Adonis Mann: An Inside Look at a Ravishing Mind

Hello RWPPs!

Recently one of our very own, asked another one of our very own an interesting question.

Today, I'd like to share the conversation with you all.


In recent days All Authors Author Synful Desire asked Adonis Mann this:





Why do you tend to use pronouns instead of character names in the majority of your stories?

Following is Adonis Mann's reply:

The reason why I tend to use mostly pronouns in my stories is because I am giving leeway for the reader to put themselves in the characters place. Believe it or not, it's a mathematical thing. A game of percentages, if you will.
If/when I give a character a name I tend to mention it as little as possible. The reason for this is the same as above. Basically, the idea is to transplant the reader into the shoes of the character, enabling them to be who they want, when they want. In my mind, using pronouns more than real names, provides the exact experience that a reader looks for when picking up a book; the use of their imagination to be someone else doing something else.
However, as I mentioned before, it's a mathematical formula. One must know how much is too much, and how much it too little. The amount that is "just right" is the catalyst to an unequivocal adventure for the reader.


An interesting process, indeed.

Now, stay tuned for "... and we" to be released FOR FREE, TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment