Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"Home Wrecker I"

by

Brenda Perlin




Synopsis:

"Throughout Brooklyn’s life, she felt like she was on an endless journey toward redemption and she would have to be stronger than she ever imagined; do things she never felt herself capable of doing. When she finally found her soul mate, he came with one big snag: a wife. Brooklyn found herself fighting off her soon to be ex-husband and her lover’s wife. She knew what she was doing was wrong and yet… she couldn’t turn back. No matter how much pain she may cause, it was too late. Brooklyn and Bo, each unhappily married to others, must decide whether to stay with their spouses or give up everything for their love. Brooklyn’s husband and Bo’s wife would try everything to break them apart and it was then Brooklyn finally confronted her own demons and came clean with everything and everyone in her life… even herself."

Excerpt from "Home Wrecker I":

“I had just turned thirty. That was enough in itself to be depressed about. I never thought I would be this age and feel this worthless. I was supposed to be “somebody.” I guess you could say I was slightly disappointed at the outcome. This age thing affected me a great deal, although it disgusted me to admit that. I could see why men usually liked dating younger girls, preferably in their twenties. It’s all so obvious. Basically, you get older and naturally become bitter. If you weren’t bitter, or somewhat tainted, there was probably something very wrong with you. I believe this to be the God’s honest truth. Life has a way of taking the optimism out of you, and not all that gracefully, I may add.

My state of mind was making it difficult to move on. So what was to become of me? That’s a simple enough question with not so simple an answer. I’d been spinning my wheels for so long that I was starting to run out of fuel.”


Excerpt from upcoming release "Home Wrecker II: The Brooklyn Chronicles":

“On the day that I left for good, I remember getting into my car like I always did. While driving out of the garage I watched our dog Grace watching me drive away. I knew it would be for the last time. Fortunately, she wouldn’t remember any of it. As for me, I wouldn’t be able to get that image out of my head. As I drove away, tears filled my eyes. The guilt that I felt at that moment was insurmountable. Those tears that I cried were the only tears that I shed throughout that entire time period. Never once did I cry for my husband.”

Author Bio:

Brenda Perlin is an independent adult contemporary fiction author. Brenda evokes emotional responses in her readers by using a provocatively unique writing style. Her latest book, Home Wrecker, captures the soul-wrenching conflicts of a personal struggle for emotional fulfillment.

Ever since Brenda was a child, she has been fascinated with writing. She draws her biggest inspiration from Judy Blume. This sparked a passion in Brenda to pursue personal expression through writing. Once she was old enough to go to coffee shops alone, Brenda recalls losing herself in the world of writing, all while documenting her ideas on paper napkins.

“There is really no creative process, I just write,” – Brenda Perlin

Brenda’s first book, Home Wrecker I (Home Wrecker Chronicles), was published with Master Koda Select Publishing. Within a short time, the book developed a strong fan base and is continuing to grow as it both entertains its readers and leaves them in a state of profound reflection. In the near future, Brenda would like to have Home Wrecker I expanded into a trilogy in order to tell the untold stories of her characters.

Home Wrecker Book Trailer

LINKS:










No comments:

Post a Comment