Search This Blog

Monday, August 19, 2013

Featured Author,

For over two years Tyjuana Wilson has written about singlehood while living in Charlotte. Her blog is now a book, a fictitious journey of a writer who is determined to be single and happy.

Tolethia Toy Winnings is on a quest to prove that being single -- and almost 40, with good looks, a freelance writing career and a college-freshman daughter who shakes her head at it all! -- is possible. She tests her new experiment in Charlotte, North Carolina, a city where it seems the current zeitgeist is to be in a committed relationship. Fed up with mainstream media s portrayal of African-American single women, Toy wants to prove that reality is not real and invites her new following to disregard what social media and basic
cable is shoving down their throats.

So far, being man-less seems to work in her favor from a business perspective. Is it all enough for her?

Continue to follow Tyjuana, the real Toy, at:

The mother of a 15-year-old, Tyra, is a freelance copywriter for start-ups all over the world. She is single, and happy, in Charlotte, NC.




Excerpt:

"Then the waitress comes over to take our order and I immediately tell her what I want; had a taste for seafood. He on the other hand asked the same damned question he asked me, “do you have any boneless chiggen?” I wanted to scratch my head. The waitress pointed out the choices, just like I did moments ago. He hesitated. I glanced at the waitress and she looked a bit puzzled, perhaps she was thinking what I was thinking. She then made a suggestion from the menu, which by now, she and I both knew the chicken choices by heart. He blurted out an “I’ll try that.”

That’s when it hit me, he cannot read. How in the world is he an online dater?"

No comments:

Post a Comment